Can't reconnect with plc

cdnrookie

Hey all,

So i was connected to a slc5/05 an all was good. Downloaded the program a few times and then left it sitting for a while. I came back to see it ha lost communication.

I tried to reconnect, deleted previous driver and tried again ( using the same settings), tried different ports and still nothing.

Ethernet is connected to panelview plus 600, rs232 to a USB/232 converter

Anyone have a suggestion? Auto configuration comes with nothing ( searches then says not successful)

Thanks

Hey all,

So i was connected to a slc5/05 an all was good. Downloaded the program a few times and then left it sitting for a while. I came back to see it ha lost communication.

I tried to reconnect, deleted previous driver and tried again ( using the same settings), tried different ports and still nothing.

Ethernet is connected to panelview plus 600, rs232 to a USB/232 converter

Anyone have a suggestion? Auto configuration comes with nothing ( searches then says not successful)

Thanks

Close Logix500. Launch RSLinx - you need to see the PLC in Linx. If it's not showing there, it won't show in Logix500.

Try deleting, readding, reconfiguring the DF1 driver in Linx. If still not showing up, shut down and reboot the PC then start again with Linx.

Or, add an Ethernet switch and link it all together with Ethernet as ozee said LOL.