Upload and Download to Panelview

Tim Ganz

I have a panelview standard connected with serial cable to a slc 5/04. Over a remote link can you upload and download a application using panelbuilder 32.

I know how to do the remote I/O pass through but this is connected with serial cable.

Network is DH+.

Is there a way to upload and downlaod the application without going to the site with this setup?

I have never done it but the manual seems to indicate it can be done, see pages 14-9 and 14-10. You will need to set-up the proper status bits and have the right firmware, all in the manual.

You have a recent post to an unrelated thread that might reveal what's going on.

And remember Mickey's PanelView Rule #1: Post the complete part number !

Your PanelView is probably using DH485 protocol over RS-232.

This means you need to run DH485 to connect directly to it, either using a 1747-UIC or going old-school and finding a way to run the 1747-PIC/AIC+ driver off a built-in serial port.

For Pass-Through to work between DH+ and DH485 on an SLC-5/04 is tricky... I'm not sure exactly which settings to use.

I wouldn't do either of these things: I would use a CompactFlash card in a Type II carrier and just transfer files to and from the PanelView terminal that way.