ET200Pro F-Switch

tim2

Anybody ever worked with an F-switch?

I'm still at the point of trying to figure out the safety system, but have to use this piece of hardware. The initial confusion is why for a module with 2DI and 3DO that the address space is several bytes for inputs and outputs.

For example, on the first rack, and F-switch is placed into slot 7. The address space is Inputs: Bytes 9 through 15, Outputs (bytes 9 through 13). Why so much space for the addressing?

I'm trying to find out what should be fairly simple things: how are the two actual inputs addressed, the three outputs, and what's taking up several bytes of I/O memory.

I have looked at the Siemens documentation and it's just not popping out at me. If anybody can lead me to a good tutorial or any training material on Siemens F systems I would truly appreciate it. Thanks.