Help Micrologix 1400

JaiDutt

I want to read data from a 3rd party energy meter (say pm210 of schneider) with Micrologix 1400 ser B an then display it on a HMI (panel view Comp C1000).

how to do it...

i have RSlogix Micro, Rslinx lite

thanks..

Hi,

Never used the PM210 (used the Socomec Diris range many times), but if it supports MODBUS you could then set the ML1400 as the Modbus Master and read data directly from the PM210 (suggest using CH0 of the ML1400 as it supports RS485 direct via the 1763-NC01 cable). Use MSG instructions to poll data from the PM and map to N registers. Once it is read by the PLC you can then easily display on the PV Component...

(search on here and you will find several examples of setting the ML1100/1400 up on Modbus)

Rob

Thanks rob

i hav earlier worked on schneider plcs and its softwares, its my first time on AB,
it wud be really nice if i cud get some example....
i went through RsLogix, its not hard to understand, but i don,t know where's the instructions that i have to use....

thanks