RSLinx crashing again

George Graziano

Lifetime Supporting Member
Been working good on this computer for a few months now. 2 weeks ago I start getting this error. I uninstall and reinstall RSLinx 2.59. works good for 2 weeks then today I get it again. Does anyone know what is causing this? Win7 laptop.

Thanks
George

RSLinx issue.png

I have the problem as well. My only solution was to restore my Rslinx from one of my earlier backups. I did upgrade to the latest Rslinx version and got that fault again after a couple of weeks as well. Right now it's been about a week since my last restore its working OK.

i had a similar issue tears ago, the version kept crashing.

installed the previous version, the problem went away.
we upgraded last year and no problems encountered.

maybe a bug in the software itself on certain pc's.
it wouldn't be the first time i have encountered this problem.

regards,
james

try this.
Shutdown rslinx
run command: net stop harmony /yes
then: del "C:\Program files\Rockwell Software\RSCommon\Harmony.rsh"
then: del "C:\Program files\Rockwell Software\RSCommon\Harmony.hrc"

Then try again.

Best regards,
crawler009

Thanks Crawler, That is what I do to recover. But I was manually doing it. So I created a batch file someone posted not too long ago. Much quicker now.

George

Thanks Crawler, That is what I do to recover. But I was manually doing it. So I created a batch file someone posted not too long ago. Much quicker now.

George

Hello George,

me too. I put that code in a Batch on my desktop. Some times Rslinx
crashes every time i connect to a different PLC. And then sometimes it
doesnt crash. I really dont understad that.

Best regards,
crawler009

Some of these strange problems could be due to the ZeroAccess botnet or trojan fraud that Microsoft revealed Thursday. This is an international scheme to take over user computers to run bots to create bogus clicks on sites that run ads and collect ******* money for user clicks that did not occur.

Apparently the bot was installed on and runs in the background of millions of US and European user computers, sucking out resourses and slowing down the normal user programs. I think the way the bot works is it attaches itself to the master boot record of the infected machine, or it also can infect a random frequently-used driver in the Windows Systems32 Drivers. ZeroAccess can take total control over the computer. ZeroAccess is not yet removed by most anti-virus software.

Last edited: