Monitoring Modbus Slave status in Rslogix

technog

Hi,

I am using Prosoft Modbus-RTU module MVI69-MCM installed in a CompactLogix PLC. I have configured the MVI69-MCM to read slaves data and it is working.

I want to know how to check the communications status of a particular slave. On the first port, there are 3 modbus slaves nodes connected. Is there any command or an address in RSLogix which can tell me the status of slave?

Appreciate your urgent support on it

technog

If the works similar to the MVI46-MCM, then the The Slave status data is created automatically in the MVI module registers. 0 = not defined/inactive node, 1 = slave being polled by master (OK), 2 = comm loss to slave (will retry after delay as programmed), 3 = coms disabled in ladder logic.

You will need to COP the registers into your ladder. For the MVI46-MCM, the resisters for Port 1 you want are 3002 (first 128 nodes), for port 2 3102. Your module may have a different memory layout, so check the manual. Search for "Slave Status Blocks".

By the way, I am having no luck with my module to communicate with a reliance MD60 drive, I would like to pick your brain on it...