One I've Never Seen

oldnerd

I have a A/B MicroLogix 1500 that exc. the prg just fine but can not communicate with it no matter what. Tried it with DCOM and everything I know. Changed cable no luck, the only thing I am not sure of is the USB to Serial adapter. Anyone have any ideas, be glad to listen.
Thanks
OLDNERD

Yes and thanks I got it, it was the USB to DB9 converter. I swapped to a UC232A and voila the coms was great. Don't know what happened to the A/B converter but I trashed it. Strange thing it worked once on another SLC but only once. Thanks to all for there replys.

Dcomm

There is a "Default Comm" button hidden under the MicroLogix 1500 controller cover.

Press it until the "'DCOMM" light comes on, and your serial port will be back at the default DF1 Full Duplex, 19200 baud settings. Press it again until the DCOMM light turns off, and the port goes back to whatever System Mode or User Mode settings you have in the program.

There is a "Default Comm" button hidden under the MicroLogix 1500 controller cover.

Press it until the "'DCOMM" light comes on, and your serial port will be back at the default DF1 Full Duplex, 19200 baud settings. Press it again until the DCOMM light turns off, and the port goes back to whatever System Mode or User Mode settings you have in the program.

No way! Never knew that's what the DCOMM light was for.

I'll have to go looking for that little button next time I see an ML1500.

Learn something new every day.