Higher output verison of LP2953 for 4-20ma PSU

kiwisoundguy

Hello all,

I am after a wee bit of help.

I am looking for a regulator that is similar to a LP2953, but with a much higher output current, for a PSU for a 4-20ma sensor display.

My understanding is that the LP2953 can be configured to 'turn off' or rather snap off when the input voltage is too low to provide the correct output. See page 26 of below link http://sva.ti.com/assets/en/appnotes/f4.pdf

I would like to build a very simple DC (battery powered) PSU (12 - 18v, maybe 24v max input) 12v output @ minimum 800ma - prefer 1a or more.

The reason for having the PSU switch off when the voltage drops, is the sensor attached doesn't behave accurately when the PSU is too low. Rather than have a warning led, I'd prefer if it simply turned off.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.