9300 RADES PLC modem cheaper alternative.

Elcan

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello all,
Has anyone tried a more economical alternative to the 9300 RADES (Allen Bradley PLC modem)?

Thank you!

What I found last time I dug into this was that the 3COM LanConnect and Shiva NetModem devices that had similar feature sets had been discontinued because of low demand. They were hot stuff in 2001, though.

What I found last time I dug into this was that the 3COM LanConnect and Shiva NetModem devices that had similar feature sets had been discontinued because of low demand. They were hot stuff in 2001, though.

Thank you!
I thought there were plenty of options nowadays. There are still many places in the world where an analog telephone line is the only communication available for remote plants in the middle of nowhere.

Panelview 1000 Connection Help

I have a panelview 1000 that I am trying to upload a make a small change and I am having issues connecting with panelbuilder 32.

The panelview is connected by the rs-232 port to a SLC 5/04.

I have cable # 2711-NC2 and Cable # 2711-NC13.

In the config screen on the panelview it has

Max Node 21
Node 2
Baud 19200

I don't see how you would set this up in rslinx? I have linx 2.57.

I have tried to use the RS232 DF1 driver with no sucess using autoconfig and manual and made it a different done from the panelview.

When i try to use the point to point driver in panelbuilder 32 it starts rslinx? Even though i have shut linx down and it is not running in service mode?

What can I do to get connected?

less expensive

Lately I have been using a product by *********.net with great success. No remote dialing but great with ethernet. I service GE and Rockwell all over the world from my site in the USA.