Linking tag to drive parameter powerflex 70/700

remullis

I have a current program where we are monitoring the Amps on a motor, Output Current parameter 3, however it's actually linked to parameter 4 which is the torque current.

First question is which should I be monitoring for reliability maintenance and how to I edit this tag to look at the correct one?

RSlogix to Powerflex 70

Thanks
Rich

Basically, change the PowerFlex drive parameter number in your tag, from "004" to "003". See the attached picture.

For maintenance, I think you would want to see the total current, which includes non-torque current. Current that is not producing torque could be due to voltage supply problems or low power factor. You might want to set up a tag to monitor Parameter 008, the motor power factor. A low power factor (less than 0.90) costs money in increased power bills in the long run.

PowerFlex Current Parameters.jpg

Last edited:
Yes we use 4 datalinks A1,A2,B1,B2 and we configure all drives as follows:

310 = 1 (freq)
311 = 3 (Output Current)
312 = 4 (Torque Current)
313 = 243 (Fault Code)

I will check this out. Thanks Rich

310 = 1 (freq)
311 = 3 (Output Current)
312 = 4 (Torque Current)
313 = 243 (Fault Code)

Rich, In the case where you already have both currents IN your PLC, then all you need to do is search for the "312" RSLogix tag in your PLC program, and replace it with "311" at the place where it is used to display motor amps. You may not want to replace all cases of where you find "312" because it is possible that the torque current is being used for other purposes.