Indirect discrete tag in Intouch

Weo

Hi

I have an issue with an interlock and I have no access to the PLC but have full access to the HMI (Intouch v9.5) with a development license so been able to trace the tag that is stopping us.
Have no previous experience of Intouch so asking for some basic guidance.

The tag is of type indirect discrete.
How can I find where it's used in the application?
Can some provide a step by step description and I would be very grateful.

Can I monitor the status of the tag somewhere?
Can I force an indirect tag?

Many thanks in advance.

Hi
The tag is of type indirect discrete.
This means that it is used as a substitute. Common method is for popups, the name of this tag is assigned the name of a tag from the tag Database. It then copies all of that tags attributes.

How can I find where it's used in the application?
Use the cross-reference function. Since it is indirect though, it may be a bit more difficult to find all occurences. If you find what window it is on, that would be a good starting point to work back from.
Can I monitor the status of the tag somewhere?
You can use the tag in any discrete animation property. Bear in mind that it is not assigned to any IO until it is used though...
Can I force an indirect tag?
Sort of, but the tag that it has been assigned to will also change state.

I would drop the tag on a common window, & switch screens etc to see a pattern of what it is doing.
You could also add a string display of Tagname.Name, this will show the tag that it is currently assigned to.