Internal reg. descriptions

CalG

I continued efforts to deconvolve and define the Logic program that came in a process machine, held only in the EEPROM chip,without program documentation of any type. I find myself uncertain about useful description for the many internal references that tie the logic together.

Many references are used that allow conditional flows, that is sort of "gates" that when true pass flow to many subsystems through the discrete references assigned to them.
Some provide connection to preceding blocks that activate basic mechanical systems.

I struggle to think of useful descriptors for such internal references and have been entering text such as "turns on with blah..blah" or "turns on reference Blah .. blah" . A few "sets ref ####" or "resets Ref ###".

I am getting so familiar with the variable references that "most" of the program is "known well" by the %M0000 reference assignments. But, I may not be the last one to want to know what this machine is about.

Will anyone care to suggest useful description terms for these internal references that would make sense to the next person who may view this program file. I am sure there are many well held views on such documentation.

TIA

Cal