Kinetix 6000 feedback error

zitam

Hi Guys,

During training one of AM modules of Kinetix 6000 (2094-AM01) start to go crazy. After motion instruction tries to move the axis, it moves a little and than E16 fault occurs.

I run hookup tests: marker and feedback test goes ok, but during Command and Feedback it goes for a moment in possitive direction but after a second it change direction. After test it gives note "Command cannot be completed. Feedback signal missing."

I rewrite whole program to be sure that student didn't make any mistake and program and parameters seems ok.

I'm afraid that encoder input is broken, and I don't have any spare AM modules :(

Waiting for reply.

Best regards,

Matt

This may be also helpfull. Motor that was connected to module was extremely hot. It works without any load.

I changed motor and cables (power and feedback) and didn't notice overheating but this may take some time.

Sir, can i ask. what encoder are you using? because i have a project on feedback control using sick encoders, but i dont know what to choose. pls help! tnx in advance

I'm not sir ;)

It was a problem with encoder mounted on engine (Motor Feedback).

If you want to use Aux Feedback you have to choose correct option in Axis Properties. Choose correct option in Loop configuration on Drive/motor tab, and then you can put your encoder properties on Aux Feedback tab.

What encoder do you use ?