PanelBuilder 32 Editing

Tim Ganz

In PB 32 how can you take 2 text boxes and make them the same size and the text the same size. I see nothing where I can change the text size or where i can read the box size and make the others the same. Same isue with numeric indicators and pushbuttons.

What am I missing?

Every Text object, whether embedded or standalone, has a Text Size property. There aren't very many different ones in PanelBuilder32, but you can select 8x16, 8x24, 16x24, etc. Do this through the text properties dialog or by selecting Format -> Text Size.

I usually set the Grid (Screen -> Properties) at 5x5 or 8x8 or 10x10, then select Arrange -> Snap To Grid before I create all my objects. That makes it a LOT easier to make things consistent sizes and line them up.

You can clean up objects by selecting Snap To Grid and moving their corner handles to the grid points, too.

When you select any object onscreen, the Object ID, the X and Y co-ordinates, and the Width and Height are displayed along the lower left border of the PanelBuilder32 window.

You can move an object a single pixel by selecting it and using the up/down/left/right arrows on your keyboard, or change its height or width by holding Shift and using those arrows.

This is fairly primitive formatting, but then PanelBuilder32 goes back to the mid-1990s.