Problem in Downloading Rockwell Firmware Updates

ashishm.gupta

Hi,

I am facing some problem in downloading the firmware updates from rockwell website. I have FT View ME Version 5.00.00 and I want to upgrade to Version 6.10 but after filing the details of serial no. and comapany name it is saying that the product is out of support[110].

Does any one can help?

Verify with your local RA/Allen-Bradley distributor about the status of your TechConnect contract (if any!).
You will not be able to download any software updates unless you are the owner of a valid support contract.

In addition, be aware that PanelView Plus terminal family had a major hardware change when they went to the 'PanelView Plus 6' logic module.

Older hardware PanelView Plus terminals (v3.0 through v5.10) cannot be firmware upgraded to run version 6.0 or higher firmware.

Newer hardware PanelView Plus 6 terminals (v6.0 and higher) cannot be firmware downgraded to run version 5.10 or older firmware.

Support eligibility is determined at the time you contact Rockwell Automation. If they have made an error and you really are eligible to download updates, they can fix your credentials easily.