Data Logging

Billmac

Hello ppl
I have been a follower of this site for a long time and found some very useful help.
Now i have been asked to Monitor and record line speed of a machine (graphical on pc)so what i require is some advice ,I was thinking along the lines of a measurin device resting on an existing roller and some data logging software on the PC.

Any one have any ideas or point me in the right direction
manufacurers ect.
thanks in advance

Billmac

Simplest is to use a mouse, make a program in visual basic or in processing (arduino style, costs about 30 $ for all hardware.display included)
Use matlab and a NI input device.
Use a PLC with a fast input card and program the PLC to make a nice picture.

What hardware does the machine run on. This will determine what interfaces best works with your application. Does the machine controller have capacity for what you want to achieve. You have not given enough information for us to assist in possible solutions.