SMACISR.C LINE 1526 Control net question

DUSTYMCD

Control net. card is showing this code. ASSERT REV 11.003 BUILD 007 SMACISR.C LINE 1526

I work offshore, and this just took down our safety system and deluged the platform. Should I just change the card. We are using a 1756-cnbr/d rev. j01 We have had the same issue in the past year 06/12. We replaced power supplies, backplane, cables and all plc slots. It lasted almost a year. It is the same and only panel doing this, but it is in a higher than normal vibration area on the deck. But all is equipment is less than a year old.?????

Man's bestfriend is Crazy!

Dustymd,

The error is caused when the 1756-CNB gets lost parsing through an incoming packet. This typically occurs when a ControlNet cable or coax BNC connectors have problems.

This issue could also be caused from leaving the ControlNet network unterminated for long periods of time.(i.e BNC connectors etc)

Aside from running the latest firmware, it's also recommended to verify your ControlNet network health.

1) Physically check the media connections.
2) Users can also connect a media checker and/or use RSLinx Classic software. With RSLinx you can browse to and right click on the 1756-CNB to select module statistics. This will bring up a connection manager and port diagnostics dialog in which to look for errors that might confirm media issues.

I would advise that you recycle power to the rack first before doing as stated above. This is so that you can track the diagnostics on the card before - and after checking the network connections.

Hope it helps!!
-NH3

Thanks

I replaced the card with a rev. 11.005. My engineer wants me to send the other cards, rev. 11.003 in for re-flashing. I did not replace the cables but with your reply, that is going to be in my immediate future. I work on Mad Dog, and we thank you for your advice and recommedations.