Which runtime is running at Panelview Plus 400/600

FeriHun74

Hi,

I have a Panelview Plus 400 with some downloaded *.mer file.
All the *.mer files can be uploaded using LAN, but there is no info which one is selected. I need this info (I don't know which one is running).
Unfortunatelly the config screen button is missing.
I have tried using the white box at bottom-left corner at startup, but the loaded file name is not displayed when config screen appeared.
Normally the loaded file is displayed when config screen appears, but it isn't true when using white box entering. (since no loaded file)
How can I get the info: which runtime file is selected, when the Panelview starts. (there is no goto config screen button)
Thanks,

Feri

It seems that you are on a "dead-end" street...If you are lucky enough though, the HMI's Internal Storage will contain only one file, the "active" Runtime.
Use the "white square" reboot method and within "Application Settings" use the File Management menu to accesss the Internal Storage memory partition; hopefully there is only one .mer there.
The only way to know what "runtime" is loaded applies only to Windows CE terminals and refers to .mer applications which were downloaded with the option "Run the Application at Startup" checked.
And I beleive the currently running Runtime file was downloaded without a "running name" within the "Run the Application As..." interface at download time which I agree it makes it worse.
Familiarize yourself with the currently running application, upload all the .mer files, "Restore" them into FTVS projects, add GoTo Configuration objects, download them to the terminal's External Storage and Load/Run them one by one...you might get your answer afterall...o_O

Thanks for your reply.
Unfortunatelly there are more mer files downloaded.
Somebody else left this device and I have no other info just what I can get from the Panelview. I don't know which file was downloaded last with "Run the Application at Startup" option (or selected another application by menu till that time). There are many screens and most mer version is very similar, so it is hard to guess what is running now.
I hoped there is a starting info in a file or somewhere else. (where the Panelview knows which mer file should be loaded at startup from.)

One method you could use is to copy all of the *.MER files out of the Internal Storage onto a CF card, then delete all of the files on Internal Storage.

When the terminal powers up, it won't be able to find the Runtime file it wants and will display an error message that includes the Runtime file name it was looking for.

Then you can restore just that one *.MER file to Internal Storage.

I avoid this issue by adding a build number to my files; Sandpounder_xx.MER with the highest number will always be the latest build. When I'm done with development, I put only one *.MER on Internal Storage and any alternate *.MERs onto the removable storage.

Hi

Another way is to plug in a USB keyboard and press the ctrl, shift, windows and alt key at the same time and this will bring up a option to stop a task.
If you stop the task and then Goto load a new program you will see which one is running as it will be the current loaded one.

Hole this helps

Donnchadh

Hi Donnchadh,
Thanks for your support. I have tried and it works, I could get the running filename.

Hi Ken,
I have also tried your offered method and it works, I've got an error message with the missing filename. Thank you for your solution.

I was not so brave to guess without your help.
Thank you again for your help.

I have tried the ctrl+shift+windows+alt with Panelview Plus 700 and it doesn't work.
Do you have idea what the correct key combination for PV Plus 700?
I prefer it instead of deleting files.
Thanks.
Feri