step7 transfer licence help

Timeismoney08

Hey guys,
I need help
I have a floating key copy of step 7 pro v11
I would like to transfer to my other laptop but I don't have the original cd anymore,
I was reading on Siemens website and it lookslikeyouhave to transfer via floor disk, is this true?

please let me know if any helpful tricks please?

Thanks,

Hey guys,
I need help
I have a floating key copy of step 7 pro v11
I would like to transfer to my other laptop but I don't have the original cd anymore,
I was reading on Siemens website and it lookslikeyouhave to transfer via floor disk, is this true?

please let me know if any helpful tricks please?

Thanks,

Sorry for the mess ups, I meant floppy disk instead of floor.

anybody have any advice?

Any USB stick will work
Just use the automation license manager and select the authors on your c drive
Right click it and transfer to USB stick

Any USB stick will work
Just use the automation license manager and select the authors on your c drive
Right click it and transfer to USB stick

Thanks for the reply, but could you explain even further about selecting the authors on my c drive? And if I don't have the original cd, how can I get activation manager to begin with?

Maybe I understand now
You need the software to load on the other machine
This will include the TIA Portal and the Automation License Manager (you cant transer a key without this)
But are on the DVD- which you must have or find

Maybe I understand now
You need the software to load on the other machine
This will include the TIA Portal and the Automation License Manager (you cant transer a key without this)
But are on the DVD- which you must have or find

Yes, exactly. I don't have the original dvd to install it on my other laptop, But it is on my laptop that has step 7 currently. Could I download the micro version, then bring the key over to make it pro?

And when you say" select the authors on your c drive" what do you mean, in more detail? Like "Dell/C:/"?
I seen when i went to transfer, it wanted to find a hard drive, I thought I was going to have to do it on some kind of transfer cable or something. I'm glad to hear I can use a usb though.

The transferring of the key to my usb is my biggest concern, I think I have some coworkers that might have there original dvd to take care of install.

Sorry for the confusion. but know your help is really appreciated.

Thanks

Its straightforward. Start automation license manager, select the drive license is installed to, select the license, right click it, select transfer and then select your usb stick as destination. Same applies to from usb to disk, just select usb first and then drive you want to install license to (usually c).