AB SLC 5/04 Machine Output Rate Integer to Outputs

TheCaptain2000

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have calculated my machine output rate with a simple photoeye input with timers and counters and stored it in an integer N7:2 in my AB SLC 5/04. I can see it using RS Logix 500. But how can I read the 5 digit calculated value (00000 to 11000 units per hour) in N7:2 digit-for-digit so that I can send the signals to the proper outputs to show the correct output rate on a basic 7-segment LED display.

Please note, I understand that I could do this very simply with HMI, and I may still eventually. But I really want to know if I am going in the right direction with what I already have.

Also, please note that I know how to make the display function with the simple proper output combinations, but I don't quite understand how to get the PLC to translate an existing integer value to binary code.

I'm sorry...here is an example...

N7:2 = 10275 (This is my calculated unit output rate)

What command(s) do I use to translate/convert 10275 (or whatever value is in N7:2) into binary code to use to set a set of bits/outputs to show this number on a digital display that I know how to control?

OR

Does the "5" in the 10^0 position (and the "7" in the 10^1 position, the "2" in the 10^3 position, etc.) exist as binary code somewhere else in the memory so that I can read it and program outputs accordingly to show on a display?