GE Smart relay srba12010a help please!

dowmace

I had one of these dumped on me the other day, the one running the machine went poof so I can't pull the program off of it, and for the life of me can't figure out how the darn thing is supposed to work when I program what makes logical sense to me it doesn't work at all.

By some insane crazy chance does someone have a manual to the dang thing? I have the loader for it but just need help with how the line logic is supposed to work. Can someone explain it to me maybe?:confused:

The best I could do is find a new GE SRBA120A10A Smart Relay Block WITH MANUAL for sale on Ebay for $142

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAP...270327140&lgeo=1&vectorid=229466#ht_246wt_659

There are several others on Ebay at various prices, some with manual, some without:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trk....TR0.TRC0&_nkw=SRBA120A10A&_sacat=0&_from=R40

Also attached is the original GE catalog datasheet from 1999. It listed then for $198, but there was probably about a 60% discount.

Select normally open, normally closed, positive and negative triggered relays, timers on or off, counters and coils. Simply connect these elements as if you were sketching them on paper—then transfer your circuits to Smart Relay Blocks.
PS: You are not the first to one of these GE Smart Relays "dumped on you"! See this old post from 2004:

Last edited:
Srba120a10a

I have now came across the same issue with this smart relay block. The one where I work is now shot and I need to replace it with one that was just bought. I cannot find what cable I need as the loader or what program I need to create the logic for this product. Any help?

I have an old sales brochure for the product. It has nothing to say about any software for programming, only the "Smart Relay Loader", part number SRLA. The product came from GE Electrical Distribution & Control, not from GE Fanuc Automation, so it shares nothing with GE's PLC line. I'll keep looking to see if I can find a publication number for a user's manual.
I also have a sales brochure for a companion product called the GELink which could sit on an SDS Bus. The SDS bus was promoted by Honeywell and at the time GE ED&C had a joint venture with Honeywell. The GELink looks like the same product packed in a black case rather than white and probably with different firmware. It did have a programming software called GELink Configurator software instead of the hardware programmer.