Red Lion G315 and DSPSX000 communication

amitpanvekar

Hi,

I got six RS232 stream form GPS receiver. I am connecting three RS232 to G315(which is the heart of entire system) and other three to DSPSX00.

How can I connect the DSPSX00 with G315 so that I can control the data received in DSPSX00 through G315 ? Is it possible to connect using Modbus TCP (G315 is master and DSPSX00 slave)?

Cheers

The best way to connect two red lion devices together is through Modbus TCP. Have one device as slave and the other as master.

Thanks
Jeremy

The best way to connect two red lion devices together is through Modbus TCP. Have one device as slave and the other as master.

Thanks
Jeremy

Jeremy,

I have normally used Modbus TCP in this type of application but wouldn't enabling OPC Proxy (in the slave) be another option?

Then he could use the OPC TCP/IP Master on the Other device(s).

Jeremy,

I have normally used Modbus TCP in this type of application but wouldn't enabling OPC Proxy (in the slave) be another option?

Then he could use the OPC TCP/IP Master on the Other device(s).

Yes OPC is another option but in my opinion Modbus is the best option. The OPC method can become too slow in applications with large amounts of data.

Thanks
Jeremy

Yes OPC is another option but in my opinion Modbus is the best option. The OPC method can become too slow in applications with large amounts of data.

Thanks
Jeremy

Good information.

I think the OPC method is a good solution when you need to pass strings between the devices, though.

You are correct about the strings and in that case I often recommend using both OPC and Modbus. OPC just for the strings.

Many thanks JeremyH and JHarbin for your help.

I am passing string, integer and floating point information between devices. I have tried OPC and it is really slow. I will try the Modbus TCP.

Could you please tell how would I connect G315,DSPSX and CSMSTRX using ntron 104TX and transfer data between all these devices ?

Cheers

Hi,

I have tried the Modbus TCP/IP Protocol, it is faster than OPC but the problem I am experiencing that I couldn't able to use string tags to holding registers.

Any suggestions ?

Your help is appreciated.

Cheers