PanelView 300 Micro

If you do a PanelView RESET, then your program will still be loaded. The "reset" happens each time that power to the Panelview is turned off, then on.

If there is no program in your Panelview, at power-up, the Configuration Mode menu will appear.

I don't know of a way to reset a PV300 micro to factory defaults, unless that is a prompt from controlflash or panebuilder32 I have not used.

If you download firmware or otherwise "reset to factory default", yes you will need to download the application afterward.

SreejithPBLM said:
when we set pv 300 micro to factory settings what will happen to the program...we have to reload it again?

I'm curious as to what you are attempting to do here?

If you mean do a terminal reset:

Then, as Lancie1 has pointed out, and as you would expect, a power cycle reset will not wipe the application file.
Tip: You can also do a terminal reset by pressing and releasing the Left + Right + Enter keys simultaneously.

If you mean factory default:

There is no specific method to factory default a PV300Micro, but, as OkiePC mentioned, a firmware download will erase the *.PVA application file and reset the terminal to factory default.

Why would you want to change the firmware?

There are two catalog numbers for the PV300Micro:

2711-M3A18L1 - DF1
2711-M3A19L1 - DH485

The terminals are identical in hardware. The only difference is the protocol firmware loaded at the factory. If you need to change communications from DF1 to DH485, or vice-versa, this protocol firmware can be changed at any time.

If you are reloading or changing the firmware, then ensure you have a copy of the application file (*.PVA), or upload a copy to your PC, before attempting a firmware download.

Other than needing to change the communications protocol, I cannot think of any other advantageous reason why you would need to reload or change the firmware, unless the terminal has somehow locked up? This would require reloading the application file anyway.

G.