Two Bytes One Int

rkukl

Lifetime Supporting Member
working on a project using Compact Logix I need to write data to a device that is looking for bytes but sent in an int. for instance Int 0 has Bytes 0 & 1 Int 1 has Bytes 2&3 etc. looking for suggestions how to make that happen. When i Read data from same device it outputs a 32 bit word (dint) use BTD instruction Bit Field Distribute strip out Bits 0-15 then 16-32. Now need to kind-of reverse that and send in 0-7 then 8-15 of integer to bytes.

Yup; examine how the COP instruction handles data byte-by-byte, and how the Length argument is the number of destination elements (not bits/bytes/words).

Like this:

COP MySINTArrray[0] MyINTValue Length 1

That puts the two bytes in MySINTArray[0] and [1] into the one 16-bit Word of MyINTValue.

Thanks Guys! I was making it more complicated that it needed to be. COPY does just what i need.
Have a Great Day!!!