AB Micrologix 1400 message help

bwiring

I need some help understanding the attached plc program. In particular the RIX50 file, MG40 file and their column titles and the use /meaning of N:33.0 thru N:33.5. I did not write this code and it is the first time I have tried to use it. I have been told that it has been proven to work.I also do not have a lot of MSG experience. Please excuse my ignorance.

I am pretty new at messaging too, but based on what I have read, the RXI50 file is used for the routing info of the message. It is a file that is created by the software when you set up the message. It isnt a file that you set up yourself.

It looks like the program opens a connection, converts a string to a integer, writes that integer to a remote device and then receives a integer file back from the remote device and then it converts to a string.

If you have a RA tech connect contract you can look up KB#55672 in the Knowledge Base. They have a lot of good info on CIP Messaging over Ethernet. That is what this program is doing. hopefully with it and more comments from other people on the site you can get a handle on it.

You say the program doesn't work. One obvious thing I was thinking about is the IP address in the message correct for the remote device? Is it on the same sub net as the PLC?

Hope I helped a little. I am sure there will be more people replying soon that more experience with CIP messaging.