Getting rid of the "alarm" icon on a Beijer

krakenfan69

Lifetime Supporting Member
I work mostly with AB HMIs. I currently have a project that is using ix Developer 2.0 on an QTERM-A7 there is a green icon that shows green when connected and all alarms are clear. It goes red when cooms are bad or an alarm comes in. It is moveable but I want to just get rid of it completely. The project has banners and animated flashing windows to inform operations of a new or existing alarm. How can I make that dang thing go away? I briefly spoke with a guy at tech support who asked for the file which I sent to him. That was 2 weeks ago. I'd really like to get this cleaned up if someone could help me that would be great.

Thanks,

Kraken Fan #69

Hi,

It's possible to disable the alarm icon. Open the Alarm Server grid, you should see a Settings button. Click on the Settings button and a dialog will open. This dialog includes a groupbox "Show Alarm Indicator" where it's possible to define for which alarm states the alarm indicator should be shown. Disable all checkboxes and you should get the desired behavior.

//Supporter

Thats exactly what I was after. Funny the tech support guy couldn't answer that question.

Thanks again,

Kraken Fan #69

Funny the tech support guy couldn't answer that question.
Tech Support guy = fancy name for public relations guy and company salesman, in most cases.

He wants to be a technical guy, and may eventually be one - if manages to get his hands on (and learn enough about) any one product before it becomes obsolete and he moves on to the latest new thing.