Urgent, urgent, emergency
So urgent, emergency
Emer... emer... emer...
It's urgent

/lyric

Does the text in those boxes stay the same or is it dynamic? What type of display is are those boxes linked to D21, D101, D121, D1, D41, D61, D81? Are those numeric displays or entries?

If all you need is text that doesn't change you dont need to have them linked to a data register at all. You can go to the Figure drop down tab and choose text. Add your text and it should be visble at that point.

Hope this helps,

Dave

i did a simple lamp n switch program for the touchscreen. However the lamp still does not appear and it seems tat i cant switch base screen too. May i know whats wrong with that?

Untitled.jpg IMG-20130524-WA0000.jpg

i did a simple lamp n switch program for the touchscreen. However the lamp still does not appear and it seems tat i cant switch base screen too. May i know whats wrong with that?

It is kind of hard to see but it seems you have the button and the lamp linked to the address of a physical output (y).

Try the same thing but for the device use an M bit that is not used in your PLC program.

Dave

Yes, it appears that the button and the lamp both have addresses of "Y1030". That will not work very well. Assign the button and lamp to some other type of address, "M" is best for a touch screen. Make sure that the lamp does not have the same "M" address as your button.

Last edited:
Yes, it appears that the button and the lamp both have addresses of "Y1030". That will not work very well. Assign the button and lamp to some other type of address, "M" is best for a touch screen. Make sure that the lamp does not have the same "M" address as your button.

Actully Lancie I dont believe you can use X because it with Mitsubishi X indicates a physical input address. I believe the only way to turn it on is to apply the appropriate voltage to the corresponding input terminal. Also I don't believe "I" is used in Mitsubishi either. If the OP uses any available M bit it will work. They just have to be sure the M bit isn't used somewhere else in the code. I will attach a screen shot where I have used M0 as the bit address for the switch and the lamp.

Hope this helps,

Dave

PLCS PIC1.jpg PLCS PIC2.jpg

Oops, you beat me to it...you can address the button and the lamp as the same address. This way to test you press the button and the lamp should come on.

Yes, you are correct. I had to check the manual.

If the lamp and button have same addresss, it might be confusing for a beginner to figure out what is going on.