Connectivity issue between Micrologix 1400 and Redlion DSP

jmaty23

I am using a Data Station Plus with Crimson 3.0 and connecting to a AB Micrologix 1400 PLC via Ethernet.

The issue I am having happens randomly. Every once in awhile, the DSP loses communication with the Micrologix PLC. I have to resend the cd3 file to DSP to get communication back. I have included pictures of the crimson setup and the plc setup.

Any thoughts on what is happening here is appreciated.

crimson_ind.jpg crimson_ind_eth.jpg rs500_ammoniadet.jpg

I've had some problems with a ML1400 and a G306 over wireless.

You can try increasing your timeouts... I'm getting only a few drops now. (Note, for my problem, usually restarting the HMI would allow communications again).

The Following are my settings

In Crimson: PLC protocol
Transaction Timeout - 6000 ms
Spanning reads Enabled
Transactional writes Disabled
Comms Delay 200 ms

I also have a tag with source IsDeviceOnline(x)
Trigger Active off - Delay 0 ms - Action: DisableDevice(x)
Trigger Active Off - Delay 1000ms - Action: EnableDevice(x)

PLC settings
Msg Connection timeout 15000 ms
Msg Reply Timeout 5000 ms

I made all of the changes to Data Station that you recommended. It seems to be working better now. I haven't had any connection drops. I also added the enable/disable to the triggers of my ACTIVE_COMMS tags.