cannot set max address!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cdnrookie

Hey All,

Im new to this (hence the name) can someone direct me in the right direction?

I am using a slc500 (fixed 20 I/o) with pic 1747 converter

I can see the plc, but it wont download, I get an error something along the lines of "cannot set max station address"

I have read all the other posts reguarding this, but to be honest im a little stumped.

I tried opening up the unit and finding the capacitor that others have said to drain (but my unit has 5 on it, so I dont know which one)

Any thoughts? Even our PLC instructor couldnt get it going (challenge accepted anyone?..........)

I have attached a few pics to show you what im dealing with

Thanks in advance

slc500.jpg 1747pic.jpg

OK, so "cannot set max address is cleared (thanks!)

But now its faults everytime I try to go into run mode

I can download, but that's it?............

Sounds like the PLC program is now missing. Create a new project For the particular SLC500 model with 20 I/O that has no additional programming rungs. Download that to the PLC. See if it will go into "Run" without faulting.

Last edited: