File .PVA

Try to paste it directly in C: and try to open it there
PBuilder has problems with long names and paths

The Error Message "Terminal application does not contain upload information" will appear when uploading a PanelView file, if the file was downloaded without its upload information.
The original designer may have been prompted to strip off the Upload information if the .PVA file is at the 112K memory limit. Striping off the Upload information can reduce the file size up to 25%.
Or the original designer may have wanted to prevent upload/edit of the .PVA file. In either case the .PVA file and not be uploaded and modified. A copy of the original .PBA file is required.
Note: To strip off Upload information regardless of program size, add the following two lines to the PB550.ini file in the WINDOWS directory:
[Upload]
UploadableApp=0

The Error Message "Terminal application does not contain upload information" will appear when uploading a PanelView file, if the file was downloaded without its upload information.
The original designer may have been prompted to strip off the Upload information if the .PVA file is at the 112K memory limit. Striping off the Upload information can reduce the file size up to 25%.
Or the original designer may have wanted to prevent upload/edit of the .PVA file. In either case the .PVA file and not be uploaded and modified. A copy of the original .PBA file is required.
Note: To strip off Upload information regardless of program size, add the following two lines to the PB550.ini file in the WINDOWS directory:
[Upload]
UploadableApp=0

PB550.ini The file is not present in my portfolio
C: \ WINDOWS
why?

thanks

I believe Bolatov may be referring to Rockwell KBase Article: 13993 as mentioned on the forum before:

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=35623

Don't get confused as the OP did in that thread.
You are on a wild goose chase.

Editing the PB550.INI file is how you enable auto stripping of the "Upload Data Records" from all your applications before downloading to terminals.
Someone who always wants to prevent others from editing there work would use this.

The developer may not have used the auto strip command in a PB550.INI file. It is quite possible it was too big to fit on the terminal. While downloading, they may have gotten the message, as per the attached image, stating that their application exceeded the maximum for the terminal in question. To proceed with downloading their application they most likely chose to strip at least the Application Data, if not all three options.

Special Considerations:
If you eliminate PanelBuilder application data, you will not be able to upload the application. The entire application must be re-created.

The first sentence is not strictly true. You will be able to upload the *.PVA file, as you have, but it will not open. You will get the message you are getting:

The Terminal Application Does Not Contain Upload Information.

The second sentence, I'm afraid, is true. You cannot convert this stripped *.PVA file back to a *.PBA file.

If they had only stripped out the "Tag Data" and "Network Data", the file would open for you, but you would have to manually re-enter all the tags and the communications parameters.

All your uploaded *.PVA file is good for is as a backup to restore the terminal if it somehow lost or corrupted the *.PVA file. It will never be editable.

As a side note:
The original PB550.INI file is included in the PB16 (older 16bit version) folder in the freely down-loadable PanelBuilder32 package. There is nothing special to it. You could simply have created one using Notepad. I've attached an edited original with the necessary command for this stripping feature. Change TXT to INI, and as mentioned, place it in your WINDOWS folder.

Remember, nothing you do in the PB550.INI file will restore the already stripped *.PVA file you have uploaded.

Sorry it doesn't help you, but it will save you wasting more time. You probably don't even care about the INI file, now you know it won't help your situation. :oops:

G.

Upload Data Records.jpg

Attachments

• PB550.TXT
    113 bytes · Views: 6
Last edited: