MP377 communication problem

kunjila

Hi all,

I'm having a problem transfering a project from wincc flexible 2008 advanced SP2 to Simatic MP377 panel. I tried everything, I'm struggling with it for the third day but with no success. I'm using RS232/PPI cable.

The strangest thing is that I'm able to transfer my project with my colleague's laptop using the same method. The only difference is that he's having same wincc software, just without SP2.

I also tried uploading a microwin project from s7-200 using the same cable but I also get a communication error message. The thing is that about a week ago when I was downloading a project to s7-200 everything was fine!!! Also, this morning I tried uploading it to colleague's PC and everything went fine!

At first I was suspecting that the version of wincc (SP2) was the problem, but now I'm pretty sure it's a problem with my PC. Maybe some application (that I installed recently) is blocking communication (COM1 port)...idk..

The MP377 error message is: Could not established connection. Both PC's have XP SP3 and the same configuration for transfer.

Any help would be appreciated! :)

I have no idea why you cannot connect, but why do you use the slow serial connection when the panel has a perfectly good blisteringly fast ethernet port ?

In the windows control panel on the MP377, set the IP, Subnet and Gateway to something you would use in the future. Set to allow transfer and remote control on the ethernet port.

On you PC, set a matching IP and Subnet on the ethernet port.
Connect PC and MP377 with an ethernet cable.
Ping the MP377 from the PC.
If OK, you are set to transfer to the MP377 from WinCC Flexible via Ethernet.

I've already tried using ethernet but with no success

I followed this manual

https://a248.e.akamai.net/cache.aut...00567_WinCC_flexible_Ethernet_Transfer_en.pdf

In the meantime I've tried s7-300 upload test using RS232/MPI cable. Same thing, I could upload only using other PC. So now I'm pretty sure it is a software or hardware problem with my port!

I'm working with older 300's and 200's most of the time and they don't have ethernet port. So, the priority is to enable communication via RS232 or at least to diagnose the problem source!
I don't have USB to RS232 adapter but I can purchase it if you think it would help

Any new ideas? :)

TY!

Last edited:
Just taking a shot in the dark here. Do you have Allen-Bradley RSlinx installed on your PC and running?

Output windows was opened, no info, just download failed

The error message was: Unable to establish connection. Check your interface, cable.... like there is no cable connected at all

We're (unfortunately) working only with Siemens controllers so no Allen Bradely :)

I would try to narrow it down to if it is the MP377, the cable or your laptop that is the problem.
So try to swap the cable and ping again.
Try to connect another PC and ping again.

I will, first thing monday . I'll let you know if it worked. On the other hand the RS connectivity still remains mistery. In any way I can't try anything till monday. Maybe I will open another thread for pointing out my serial connection problem and how to test it . Thanks foryour ssupport :)

I've tested my serial port today using serial loopback test with hyperterminal. It proved serial port malfunction! No echo received! So it doesn't receive, transfer or both!

Could it be a SW problem or my port is dead for sure? :)