Modicon 340

hagos

Dear Sparkies,

I tried to upload a program of a Modicon 340 CPU, I was using a mini USB cable, when I connected the cable to the CPU it detected the CPU, but it failed to install the driver, the CPU appeared as BMX CPU, but with a yellow ?, so I couldn't get connected to it to upload the program.

Waiting for your help.

Cheers
Hagos

This happens to me on Windows7 all the time with my HP engineering workstations. On my Dell laptop with XP, it usually has no problem. I never could figure exactly why this happens, but I have had some luck doing the following, as it will *usually* finally catch and go...

1. Try a different USB port on the PC
2. Keep unplugging and re-plugging into the PC, slowly to allow for system to finish configuring
3. With cable plugged in, power cycle the PLC platform (may not be possible if the PLC is in use!)
4. With cable plugged in, power cycle the PC
5. Do you have proper permissions to install drivers? Do you have administrator rights?

You can tell when it is ready using a Windows CMD prompt with the ROUTE PRINT command - as the USB connection is really just a USB-Ethernet connection, when the driver properly loads, you will see a route to the 90.0.0.1 network.