omron

Which type of Omron inverter? E7, SX, or some other type?

What is the DC Power Supply to be used for? Is the DC Power Supply for control power for your DC digital control inputs to the Omron Variable Frequency Drive? Most Variable Frequency Drives have built-in control-power supplies for the digital inputs. If you are using analog input signals for the drive, you may need a DC power supply for those.

Is your pump a 750 watt, 1 horsepower, 400 volt AC motor?

I am guessing about what you need, so you should provide more details about what you are trying to do.

Last edited:
i need to feed the motor (3ph,750w,4.26A, 220v) with pv panal using omron inverter 3G3MV_AB015 200VAC single phase,the inverter is started by an omron relay programable ZEN ac, it give power when relay is power on, so, wath is DC voltage in the DC bus of the inverter and current.
i try to put 240v DC in input then when i switch on the relay, the inverter star to give power normaly but when the frequency reach to an upper limit (55hz) the inverter restar freqency from zero and do the same thing. i cannot change parametres because digital operator is not access (all buttons dont work is just monitor the out frequency).

I try to put 240v DC in input...
NO! Stop doing that immediately. You could damage your Omron Inverter!
...the inverter is started by an Omron relay programable ZEN ac.
The Omron ZEN programmable relay is the key to solving your problem. To change the way your Omron "Inverter" operates, you need to change the program in the ZEN that is sending control signals to the 3G3MV-AB015 200VAC.

Looking at the 3G3MV-AB015 200VAC datasheet wiring, multi-function input terminals S1 to S7 can be controlled by the ZEN to change the way the Inverter operates. You first need to find the User Manual for your Omron 3G3MV-AB015 200VAC, and also for the Omron ZEN programmable relay. The 3G3MV-AB015 200VAC also has analog input terminals 1, 2, and 3. The ZEN does not have an analog output, but could be used to switch an analog signal on or off.

You may upload a free 30-day trial version of the ZEN software, and use that to change the ZEN program in the ZEN programmable device.

This may be the best site to find the free ZEN software:
http://industrial.omron.eu/en/servi...tware_registration_and_downloads/default.html

Also MrPlc.com has a safe, easy download:
http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=85

Last edited:
How is the DC power supply input? In the (+1) and (-), is it 200V DC?
Your Omron Inverter (that controls the motor) has an AC Input Voltage range of 200 to 230 volts AC, single-phase. The Inverter Aleternating-Current (AC) output will vary from 0 to the Maximum 230 volts AC, 3-phase, depending on the speed being set by the ZEN (or other speed-control inputs).

If you think it has a DC Output voltage because it is called an "inverter" by Omron, that belief is incorrect. This device does take the single-phase input AC voltage of 230 volts, inverts it to DC, but then converts the DC back to variable 3-phase AC output voltage. You should not try to switch the AC output or interfere with the inverter output in any way. Instead, to control the output voltage, change the Inverter control terminal signal inputs.

Last edited:
yes, but i want to drive it with PV panal so DC power and it have DC inputs(+1 and -), the key is how is the voltage that i will put it in DC input? it may like the ac power (200VAC)?

Yes, but i want to drive it with PV panal so I need DC power, and it have DC inputs(+1 and -), the key is how is the voltage that I will put it in DC input? It may like the ac power (200VAC)?
Here is the only reference in the User Manual. Your DC voltage input (to match what the drive normally produces internally) would have to range from 0 to 300 volts DC. I cannot imagine any reason to bypass the AC Input part of the drive, except maybe for testing.

Do you have a 10 Amp, 0 to 300 Volt, variable DC power supply? What is a PV Panel? Will it supply that much DC power?

Omron 3G3MV DC Voltage Power Input.JPG

Last edited:
I 'm so sorry for tet you wait my ansr:
1-PV panal:6 Series panals (110w isofoton, 44V, 3Amp).
2-pump: 750w,220v, 3ph.

other quetion: should i put DC MCCB in input of the inverter?

TANK'S so much for help.

-PV panal:6 Series panals (110w isofoton, 44V, 3Amp).
If you only have a DC input to the DC bus on the Inverter of 44 volts DC (where the normal DC bus voltage for a 230 VAC inverter would be at least 1.3 X 230 = 300 VDC), then your motor will run very slow (if it will run at all). The internal inverter electronics will have a minium bus voltage, below which it will prevent operation. A 3 Amp DC supply is not enough power to drive two 750 watt 3-phase 220 VAC motors. 3 Amps x 44 volts = 132 watts. At best, you could only run one motor at about 10% of max speed (before you overload your PV Isofoton power supply). (132/750 = 0.18 = 18 percent, then subtract 1-phase to 3-phase conversion losses). If you really must do this, then set your motor speed to 5 Hertz (10%) to prevent overloading.

Another quetion: should I put a DC MCCB in the input of the inverter?
Yes, it is always smart to have an overload and short-circuit device, in case something goes wrong.

Last edited:
But those panals are serial so: 3 Amps x (44 volts x 6)= 792 W.
Oh, I see. I thought "6 Series" was a model or brand number! So you should have about 264 volts DC output, which should be enough DC VOLTAGE to convert to about 200 volts AC and run the motor at about 88% of full speed (about 40 Hz out of 50 Hertz). You said your inverter drive was tripping out about 55 Hertz, correct? Is this a 60 Hertz, instead of a 50 Hertz motor drive?

Now your current supply is probably still only 3 Amps, so that may not be enough AMPS to drive a loaded 750 watt AC motor, and certainly not TWO motors. Your 750 watt 3-phase 230 volt motor probably has a nameplate FLA rating of more than 3 Amps, maybe as high as 4.2 Amps depending on the efficiency and power factor.
I need to feed the motor (3ph, 750w, 4.26A, 220v)...
I should learn to read better. There is your problem: a 4.26 Amp motor trying to run on a 3-amp maximum-capacity power supply. Remember that your 3-Amp-power is also having to power the internal electronics of the drive, as well as run the motor, so it probably needs a lot more than 4.3 Amps input on the DC bus in the inverter.

On the other hand, I can't access the parameters because all the buttons [on the ZEN front panel] don't work. So I can't change the motor speed with the parameters.
That is why you need the ZEN software so you can open the ZEN program, change the parameters, or add ZEN front-panel buttons to your program to allow moving the motor speed UP or DOWN using the built-in ZEN "P" buttons and Arrow keys.

Question: Why don't you simply feed your inverter motor drive with 220 volts, 1-phase, 20 Amps AC on the normal Power Input terminals, and then modify the ZEN program to work exactly as you need?

Here is a link to upload a free 30-day trial of the ZEN software. You should be able to complete your work in 30 days. If not, you can uninstall all ZEN references and start another 30 days.
http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=85

If you can use the ZEN software to upload an English version of your ZEN program, and post that here in a ZIPped file, then I will help you to add buttons or make it work anyway you want!

Last edited:
It came to me last night what you mean by "PV panel", an Isofoton Photovoltaic Module, that converts sunlight to electric power.
http://www.isofoton.com/en/modulo-fotovoltaico-en

I suppose that is why you want to use DC volts to power the Omron AC Inverter, to use the solar power. Then you probably need about 6 more of the 3 Amp 44 volt Isofoton photovoltaic modules. Put these 6 in series, but then wire the 6 new series modules in parallel with the original 6 in series. This should give you 6 Amps at 264 volts DC, which will be enough power to run 1, possibly 2, of your Omron Inverters for a 750 watt 3-phase 220 VAC motor.

Last edited:
No, that is no surprise. If your inverter is hitting its current limit (or any overload trip), it will trip out and stop. With a 3-amp supply to a 4.26-amp 60-Hertz motor, that would be about right for the trip point.

Do you have some auto-restart parameter set to reset and restart after an overload trip? Even if you don't, but you have a RUN or START signal enabled, then it may try to start again. What control signals are you giving to the Inverter control terminals? Have you set any internal parameters to control the Omron inverter? You can probably set it so that it does not try to restart after an overload trip.

Last edited: