Mitsubishi GX Developer on delay timer function

hinddhindsa

Hi, i uploaded program from one melsec PLC,in Program timer T1 K20,T2 K100,T3 K250 is given but for timer 11 T11 D8030 is used, what is that ?.it is used only once in the program with D,all other timers with K.K is on delay what is D.
could you please help me fast.

D8030 is the address of a memory register.Whatever value is in that register will determine the time for which the Timer runs.The times of the other timers have been assigned directly through constants which are denoted by K followed by the constant value.

Yes. Search at which place value is being written into it.There must be a reason why a register has been used instead of a constant.Usually such a thing is done to enable changing the time delay from an HMI, or maybe the time delay is calculated from some dynamic value etc.

"Keep Calm and make absolutely sure that D8030 is not being written to anywhere else." (Sorry, couldn't resist it after your all caps :p )

If it really isn't being written to elsewhere(which I highly doubt) then just replace D8030 in T11 with a constant value according to the time delay that you want.

That won't be of much help because I do not have GX Developer installed in my present computer.But you can upload a zipped copy of your program here so that other members who have GX Developer can help you.

Hi, I uploaded program from one Melsec PLC,...

No, there is no HMI on this machine.
The program uses M8013 and M8000, but M8030 is not used anywhere. WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW?
Answer these questions:

Does the program RUN or operate in the new PLC, without any errors? If you can't RUN it in a PLC, when you do a GX Developer "Tools, Check Program", does the check return any errors (such as "missing value in Timer T11"?

Did the OLD Melsec PLC (that you uploaded FROM) have a HMI or other operator control panel attached to it, or was it operating on a comm network of some type?

I am sorry I should have picked up on this earlier...D8030 is a special register in the FX series PLC's. You said you have M8000 in the program, that is an always on bit. M8030 is a bit to disable the battery LED, M8013 is a 1 sec clock pulse, etc.
I have attached the description of D8030 from GX Works2 help.

Hope this helps,

Dave

D8030.jpg M8030.jpg M8013.jpg

Usually M800 and above are used for special purposes, off hand I do not have the manual it could be any of the following scan time, highest scan time etc. Get the manual off the mitsubishi automation website or if using gx developer goto help plc relay/ register there are the lists
Hold on just looked at the mitsi manual on-line its
Value of analog volume VR1 (Integer from 0 to 255)
So this must be the first analog trim pot on the CPU (I think there are two) & give values from 0-255 on D8030 & D8031
so altering the pot will change the timer value.

Parky is right.

The original programmer allowed the user to alter the time value by altering the potentiometer.

There are 2 and these are found inside the programming door.

A very small screwdriver will allow you to alter the value from '0' to 255.