SIMATIC OP3 stand-by message

jboti

Hi,
I'm working with a SIMATIC S7-200 PLC interfacing with an OP3 and I use event messages in my application.
After a restart the event message nr. 0 (also called stand-by message) is displayed. This message is only dismissed by pressing the ENTER key on the OP. What I would like, is to clear this message after a specified amount of time, so that the user don't have to press the ENTER key, and display a screen instead - switch to screen level. Can anyone help me here? How can this be done?

Thanks,
Boti

You can send a job from the plc telling the op to switch screen. Do a search for entryid 2855233 on http://www4.ad.siemens.de/WW/llisapi.dll?func=cslib.csinfo&lang=en . One job not listed in the manual for some reason is job 48. Job 48 will force the op to switch back to message display. You can also define a startscreen and mark the settings startscreen and screen to directory --> Sceen directory that way the startscreen and not messagemode is displayed upon restart and when pressing esc several times.

Bratt said:
You can send a job from the plc telling the op to switch screen. Do a search for entryid 2855233 on http://www4.ad.siemens.de/WW/llisapi.dll?func=cslib.csinfo&lang=en . One job not listed in the manual for some reason is job 48. Job 48 will force the op to switch back to message display. You can also define a startscreen and mark the settings startscreen and screen to directory --> Sceen directory that way the startscreen and not messagemode is displayed upon restart and when pressing esc several times.

Hi,
it looks to me that the OP3 does not have PLC jobs, at least in it's interface area there are only four fields: control and response bits, connection ID, time and date.
We used OP7 and SIMATIC C7 stations before and never encountered such problem, but the same thing just doesn't seem to work on the OP3.

Thanks,
Boti

You could try leaving event 0 empty, and configuring your startup message as another event. Then you can control it's display using the trigger bit in the PLC.

RGB said:
You could try leaving event 0 empty, and configuring your startup message as another event. Then you can control it's display using the trigger bit in the PLC.

If I leave event 0 empty, the default stand-by message appears, the one that says:
OP3 Vx.xx
2x20 char. 5mm

And even if I trigger an event in the PLC, and that event gets cleared after some time, event 0 still reamins on the screen :(