Barcode Scanner Not Scanning: FactoryTalk View & Kepware Enterprise

W.Bartek

Hi -

Recently, I upgraded the firmware on a PanelView Plus 1000 to V 5.10.10; I think it was V 4. This meant that I needed to update the .MER files. I used FactoryTalk View Studio V 7.00.00 to do this. With the PVP at V 5.10.10 and the .MER loaded, the program seems to function fine except for the barcode scanner used to input part numbers. I tried using UCON driver but have had no luck yet. Not sure if I am not setting up the driver correctly or if I have an incompatibility issue.

I am also not sure about this. How about trying another barcode scanner to have a try. Last time I also almost encountered the same problem. The barcode scanner did not work. It was a rich functionality barcode tool which supoorted to read more than 20 barcode types. I just want to read QR Code. So I changed one QR Code reader and it worked greatly. So I suggest you change another tool to have a try.

I am also not sure about this. How about trying another barcode scanner to have a try. Last time I also almost encountered the same problem. The barcode scanner did not work. It was a rich functionality barcode tool which supoorted to read more than 20 barcode types. I just want to read QR Code. So I changed one QR Code reader and it worked greatly. So I suggest you change another tool to have a try.
HI there
It is indeed a wise choice to own a powerful barcode scanner.So i am looking for a barcode scanner.I know there are many third party program for barcode scanning.I want to know that if there is a free trial for your barcode scanner?I'd like to have a try.Thanks a lot

Follow the hardware connection

Hi -

Recently, I upgraded the firmware on a PanelView Plus 1000 to V 5.10.10; I think it was V 4. This meant that I needed to update the .MER files. I used FactoryTalk View Studio V 7.00.00 to do this. With the PVP at V 5.10.10 and the .MER loaded, the program seems to function fine except for the barcode scanner used to input part numbers. I tried using UCON driver but have had no luck yet. Not sure if I am not setting up the driver correctly or if I have an incompatibility issue.

Barcode scanners have numerous output options:
RS-232 ASCII
Ethernet
USB
Keyboard wedge

When you changed the firmware on the panelview, you probably lost a DRIVER installed by the original integrator. Again, identify the required hardware connection, and add the driver back into the panelview.