PV+ comms through Equustek

Nevy

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi I am trying to get a PV+ 1000 (Ethernet) to talk to a SLC 5/04 (DH+) through a Equustek DL4500.

I can setup a network on my PC easily enough using the "Comm Port Redirector" utility from Equustek/Lantronix that came with the hardware through RSLinx and I can see the DH+ network, even go online with the PLC. So I know the DH+ side of my network is fine and the hardware is functional.

So my question is, is it possible to setup a virtual comm port inside a PV+ 1000 and tunnel it through ethernet using the DF1 driver in RSLinx Enterpise as I did using RSLinx and the "Comm Port Redirector" utility software?

If not, is there any way to accomplish this application, Equustek or not? Maybe a different model?

If anyone who has experience with Equustek could give me some insight, that would be greatly appreciated. I have tried their technical support but they have never tested their product in this kind of application.

I will give a brief rundown of what was running before and what we want to change it to.

OLD APPLICATION

SLC 5/05 (Ethernet) --------------------ETH SWITCH-----PV+1000
|
Modbus
|
SLC 5/04

NEW APPLICATION

SLC 5/05 (Ethernet)
|
|
ETH SWITCH-----------PV+1000
|
|
|
EQUUSTEK
|
|
DH+
|
|
SLC 5/04

Essentially we want the PV+ talking directly to the SLC 5/04 and Comms must be DH+ and Ethernet.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Last edited: