reduse code

hapetter

Hi,

I want to make a dynamic if sentence. This is my code:

IF i = 4 OR i = 7 OR i = 10 OR i = 13 OR i = 16 OR i = 19 OR

So I like to make this more compact and such that I only specify the last number in if sentence. So there must be a way to use the repeating pattern to make this more compact and dynamic? Any tip?

Thanks

In which language are you writing the code?

If it's in C,C++ or Java, and if I remember the syntax correctly you can use a "for loop" like this(assuming last number is 19):

Code:
for(i=4; i <= 19; i + 3 )
  { // Write the code that you want to run conditionally here
  }

You dont write what PLC or programming language.

Many programming languages allow to make CASE statements with single values, a range of values or a series of values as selector.

like this:

CASE parameter OF
1 : ...... // single value
2,3,8 : ....... // series
10..20 : ...... // range

You could use the following function to perform the dynamic if

Code:
FUNCTION FC789:BOOL
//dynamic if statement
VAR_INPUT
iVar:INT;
iForstart:INT;