Hoe to determine port address for Telnet in win 7?

krakenfan69

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi guys. I need to Telnet into a device to enable a feature. I turned on Telnet in Win 7 and can get it running but when I type the command>

o 192.168.02.13 it wants a port number. I don't know how to determine the port number my ethernet adapter is on. Can anyone explain to me how to locate it?

UPDATE: I'm an idiot. I needed to type the port address of the device I was trying to connect to. In this case 10000.
so from the cmd prompt I type>

telnet 192.168.20.13 10000
and I'm in. For reference purposes this is to connect to a Datalink Technologies GW-1000 ABEIP DH+ to Ethernet converter.

Maybe this will help someone in the future.
Thanks,

Kraken Fan #69

Last edited:
Did you question and answer by yourself?
If this happens to me, I'd rather delete the post...
Thanks for the tips, m8.

I was put on this earth as a shining example of what NOT to do for others. Just doing my part.

Cheers

Kraken Fan #69