EGD comm GE Fanuc

L30n

Hi everyone. I'm trying a egd communication between an IC697CPX935 CPU with a IC697CMM742 ethernet card, and a IC200CPUE05, with proficy machine edition and without server.

Is the first time, i do an egd comm, but i'm working with plc's and communications and nets since 12 years ago.

The configuration in the first plc (...CPX935, ip:129.1.100.10) is:

Produced Exchanges >>
ID = 1
Destination type = ip address
Destination = 129.1.100.140
Produced period = 200

Message lenght 64 bytes.

In the second plc (IC200CPUE05, ip: 129.1.100.140):
Consumed Exchanges >>
Producer ID: 129.1.100.10
Group ID = 0
Exchange ID = 1
Produced period = 200

Message lenght 64 bytes.

In the producer plc, i've generated a counter in the first word, to check in the second plc.

This doesn't work. I've tested the producer against a pc with wireshark software and the first (producer one) plc, send the message ok.

Any idea?. Anything more to check?.

Thanks in avance.

My first thought is that you maybe forgot to include status bytes in the data length.

No. Status bytes are included, and data lenght is the same in the producer than consumer one. 16 bits for status and 32 words for data.

Thx

Unless math is different where you are that is a total message length of 66 bytes.

Unless math is different where you are that is a total message length of 66 bytes.

"Status" in producer and "Status" and "Timestamp" in consumer is automatically put by Proficy software. 64 bytes is the lenght of "data" i send. Surely i've checked real lenght with wireshark, and data string is 64 bytes.

Thx.

"Status" in producer and "Status" and "Timestamp" in consumer is automatically put by Proficy software. 64 bytes is the lenght of "data" i send. Surely i've checked real lenght with wireshark, and data string is 64 bytes.

Thx.
Wireshark is a great tool for troubleshooting Ethernet, but I do not believe that it understands the EGD protocol.
Maybe this EGD Checklist will help more.