Shift Register for the Bytronic ICT3

mitureg

Greethings everybody. This is my first thread so bare with me. I am a PLC enthusiast, just started a few months ago.

I got a question with regards to shift register in RSlogix.

How is it possible to trigger an output with a shifting bit in a register. So far here's what I have:

Figure 1 (see attachment)

Each time IP4 is energized it shifts the content of the bit address B3:1/1 to the right, as a clock.

Now, when (or how) can the content of an address be used to trigger an output? Let say, of the top of my head, that one possibility would be to have an output triggered when a bit reaches a position in the file #N7:0. As it starts from the left at position N7:0/15 (of a 16 bytes word), can it trigger an output when it reaches N7:0/1 ?

Is there a more versatile way to trigger an output from a bit within a shift register, no matter where it is in the register?

Thank you :site:

hfidhhef.jpg

Now, when (or how) can the content of an address be used to trigger an output? Let say, of the top of my head, that one possibility would be to have an output triggered when a bit reaches a position in the file #N7:0. As it starts from the left at position N7:0/15 (of a 16 bytes word), can it trigger an output when it reaches N7:0/1 ?

That can be done as simply as this:

| N7:0/1 O:0.0/1
|--| |-------------------( )

Is there a more versatile way to trigger an output from a bit within a shift register, no matter where it is in the register?
..and that can be done like this:
|  +--------------+                 O:0.0/1
|--| NEQ |-------------------( )
| |Source A: N7:0|
| |Source B: 0 |
| +--------------+

Could you explain your application? I'm asking because maybe there could be a simpler way to achieve your goal without having to use BSR.

Last edited:
Hi Anirban, can you explain a bit more what is the purpose of the value within this NEQ application ? Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitureg
..and that can be done like this:

Code:
| 

+--------------+                 O:0.0/1
|--| NEQ              |-------------------( )
|   |Source A: N7:0|
|   |Source B: 0     |
|   +--------------+

You had asked for a way to trigger an output if any of the bits of a certain register became 1.
If any bit of a register becomes high then it's decimal value as a whole will be no longer be equal to 0.So I suggested using NEQ(Not equal to) instruction to compare the register value with 0. As soon as any bit in N7:0 becomes high this instruction will turn on O:0.0/1.