>Siemens C7-613 OP<

NoName

Hello all.

I have a few questions about this OP.
First of all the main problem is that I can't configure the OP with Protool. I think that I'll be able to configure it in Step 7 somehow.

So I don't know how will I assign the funcitons to the buttons that are on the OP and what text will be displayed on the display at a specific time.

And I will have to devide(split the display in half horizontaly)the display from 4 lines 20 marks, to 8 lines 10 marks. Beacouse I need at least 5 lines. Is this even possible?

So if any one has some experience with this or a similar OP please help me.

Thank you.
>Aleš<

The C7 is both an operator panel (configured with ProTool) and a PLC (programmed with Step7) in a single package. The resolution is not changeable.

C7-613 is special in the way that you dont need Protool to configure it. It should be possible to set it up from inside STEP7.
Looks like you can NOT change the display from 4 lines with 20 chars each.

Dont know any more details about it, but there must a manual:
Try to search with "C7-613" on Siemens Manuals website

I tryed to search for a manual on the siemens website but the search engine didn't find anything. So I think that I'm gonna chose a diferent OP wich will be cofigurealbe with Protool.

Thanks for the help JesperMP and RGB.

noname,

I just tried to search for manuals with "C7-613", and there were two hits. One was a "getting started", and the other was a user manual.
I cannot link directly, so you should try again.

Jup it found 2 matches. I downloaded both the manuals and I at least know now how you configure this OP. It's quite interesting but I think that configureing it with Protool would be easyer and faster. At least from my point of view.

Have you ever worked with this kind of OP Jesper???

I think that I'll go with the C7-633 OP wich is configureable with Protool.But the thing that I noticed is that there isn't a Set bit function avalible. So how do I let's say set the M0.0 to "1" with this OP.

This info would realy help. So if anyone can give me a few pointers no how to do this that would be great.

Thanks.
>Aleš<

Hi noname,

no I hadnt really worked with the C7-613. Only seen the sales pitch from Siemens.

To set a bit in a tag:
Configure a screen. In the screen click on an F-button or K-button, select the "general" tab. Pick a bit number at "bit in tag" and a tag.
The bit will be set as long as the key is pressed.

Otherwise, there is only the "Tag: Set value" function (works only with whole tags).

Thank you for the info Jesper. I kind of thought that that is the way to set a bit. I just wasn't 100% shure and beacouse I can't try it I asked.

Thanks.