panel builder 32 help

sweetjohnny

I am not well versed in PB32, so i am needing some direction I will be short and direct.

I have a panelview 600, communicating to a slc 5/04.

In my system I have a Sensor that reads a mark, when this sensor is flagged x amount of times it triggers an output. The sensor input is tied to a CTU instruction with a preset value.

My question is, can I write directly from the PV to the CTU instruction to change the preset value? Also, how do I create tags and whatnot in Panelbuilder 32?

Yes, if you want to change how many counts that the CTU will count to before turning on its DN bit, then write to and change the PRE value.

In PanelBuilder, create a new Integer tag, and link it to your CTU Preset PLC address. See "Defining Tags", Chapter 19,Page 19-5 in the PanelBuilder Software User Manual.

Last edited:
It is best to write to an integer word first then move that value to the counter's preset. That way you can test the value for limits before writing the counter's preset.

Mickey said:
It is best to write to an integer word first then move that value to the counter's preset. That way you can test the value for limits before writing the counter's preset.

Mickey,

Luckily with PB32 you don't need to us a LIM. When defining tags, one of the parameters available is "Data Entry Limits".
Here you can set the min and max values that can be assigned to the tag.

It will even display the range in the numeric entry object. Nice feature! ;)

G.

Numeric Entry Object.PNG

Mickey,

Luckily with PB32 you don't need to us a LIM. When defining tags, one of the parameters available is "Data Entry Limits".
Here you can set the min and max values that can be assigned to the tag.

It will even display the range in the numeric entry object. Nice feature! ;)

G.

I still like to do it in the PLC.