Allen Bradley Kinetix drives

r_mclinn

Hello all. I am about to start a project with an existing Kinetix drive system 1 2094-BC01 and 2 2094 BM01. Is it possible to disable the last drive without physically removing it from the rack? The motor controlled by this drive is being replaced with a robot, but the customer would like to leave the drive installed.
I spoke with my A-B rep and he told me I could just delete the drive from the SERCOS network and delete the axis from the motion group in Logix 5000. I am skeptical that it will work and I am under a deadline when the retro starts. Any help is appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Robert

Go to the properties of the drive in the sercos network, there is an inhibit option. Check that box, and then remove the drive from the motion group.

Hi

You have to be off line and down load. The other option is just move the sercos cable and just remove the servo from the motion group and then you can leave the drive in. Just why do you want to leave it in a glyph but a cover to cover the maIns bar on the rack Donnchadh