Help with RED LION HMI

mwthrspn

I've been trying to set up a RED LION G310 to work with a Direct Logic 05 PLC. I think I set up the RS232 and network protocol correctly on the HMI but I can't figure out how to set up the PLC to make the two talk. Can someone shed some light on this?

I also need the HMI to act like a bunch of push buttons what is the best way to go about doing that as far as interfacing with the PLC?

I'm a complete novice...

Welcome to the Forum !

ZIP the *.CD3 file and post it here to the Forum, along with some notes about how you have physically connected it to the DL-05, what Build number of Crimson 3 you are running (Help -> About) and any details you can provide about the port configuration in the DirectLogic software.

IF the Red Lion is like the Weintek series panels.

Use[Function Keys] for your push buttons and [ bit lamps] to indicate status .

Using the soft ware tools to "multi-copy", and "space" an array of buttons goes quickly.
If your references are sequential, even better!

I just made my first HMI panel with an array of 24 "push buttons. Now work on enhancements and "niceties". Like clocks and data logging

The PC software talks to the MMI, The MMI talks to the plc. There is a pass though function, but ....

Keep asking!