Exchange data between ML1200 and ABB robot with 1761-net-dni

sevekeno

Hi everyone, i´ve done the little project and run perfectly. This is the practice in capture images.
this is the first step, exchange I/O between 2 micrologix using devicenet.
Now i want to exchande I/O between our plc "Micrologix 1200" and client robot (ABB) by devicenet network. The robot is the master and the plc is slave.
My questions are:
- Which is the configuration in the 1761-net-dni?
- What ladder program i have to do it?
- Can i configure the buffer channel in .eds file to define tha mapped area?

Thanks in advance and regards!!

To use the 1761-NET-DNI as an I/O slave, the 'polled data' feature should be used.

The Net-DNI will read and write data tables in the MicroLogix (usually N7:xx) and make that data a slave I/O object for the DeviceNet Master.

For the I/O slave feature to work, you also need to implement a 'heartbeat' with one of the bits in the first data word. This is described in the Net-DNI User Manual.

You have a moderately complicated system; you are both messaging between two different MicroLogix 1100 controllers and connecting at least one of them to the ABB robot.

I have never used the DeviceNet interface on an ABB robot, so I cannot give you any guidance on exactly how to configure it.

Thanks Ken Roach!
I have only one micrologix to comunicate with robot. I read the example with heartbeat bit and i try it.
A last question. In the msg instruction wath "Communication Command have to configure?
Regards!!!