RSlogix - Shift Registers & Sensor triggers

mitureg

Hello, thank you for reading this new thread! I am a PLC enthousiast experiencing problems with shift register to track moving parts in an industrial control simulator (Bytronic ICT3) see video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IimTDCz5J4Q

I need to be able to reject all parts that did not assembled to trigger a reject with a sensor at the end of the conveyor.

Do I flag only unassembled parts?

How can I have the sensor getting the right bit in N7 once it detects a part to be rejected?

Here's a few images to help.

Cheers.
🍺

ICT3_1_BSR.jpg

Let me try and give you a rough idea of how bit shifts are used to track parts.

Firstly, you need a pulsed feedback like that from an encoder to give your PLC an idea of how much the conveyor belt has moved.

Each time such a pulse is received, the data bits in the bit shift register selected in the "File" field are shifted by one position.

Suppose we are using BSL and the part, after crossing the sensor, reaches rejector after 5 pulses. So we will just have to program like this:

|Sensor Input                         B3:0/0  
|------| |------------------------------( )
|
|
|Conveyor Pulse +------------------+
|------| |-----------------------| BSL |
| |FILE : #N7:0 |
| |Bit address:B3:0/0|
| +------------------+
|
| N7:0/5 Rejector Output
|------| |------------------------------( )

Last edited:
Thank you. I keep seeing models with pulse as a clock for the bit shift, but on my plant model, they do not have such a sensor.

Let me give you more information.

I need to have a reject area output being triggered if a belt peg or a component detect is made at rung #0006. If one of those 2 conditions are met, a 1 is added in the file #N7.

Now, I need to have a reject sequence that goes according to that file #N7 (I might be wrong to see it that way, I never worked with a bit shift...)

The sensor IP3,IP4 and IP8 are just before the reject area sensor.

Is this the correct way to solve this problem or it has to be with a pulse clock? I don't see any indication or sensor to get a pulse from in this problem.

Cheers.

ICT3_2_BSR.jpg

OK I think I manage to have it working. I simulated a pulse coming from a pulsing conveyor sensor. I've also put a OSR for the parts sensor that needs to generate a reject at the end.

Does this looks good?

Please have a look at the capture jpg.

Thank again...
Cheers 🍺

ICT3_1_BSL_Pulse1.jpg ICT3_1_BSL_Pulse2.jpg