Go online with powerflex 40 on profibus

Jay69

Hi,
I am new to profibus. I am wondering if i can go online with the profibus just like devicenet and save the drive parameter using drive executive?

I definitely don't think so. Profibus does not share the CIP protocol that is the core of the RA networks, and is the reason that RSLinx can hop from EtherNet/IP to ControlNet to DeviceNet.

I'm curious about why you chose Profibus instead of EtherNet/IP to connect to these drives; are there Profibus-only devices is the system as well ?

HI

I agree with Ken. I have not used this card but I have used the Control logix version and you could not drill down to the drive.

I Also have the same question why Profibus when you have a ethernet port that
you could use to connect to the drives.

Donnchadh