PLC5 Floating Word moved into Logix 5000 Whats the difference?

twhitwor

I am puzzeled about something. I have a floating point value in a PLC 5/60 but when I view this value in my control logix 5000 it is a different value. My program is moving several words using the message instruction over the either-net com.
In the Logix 5000 the word is part of a large array but the address is correct. In the PLC 5 they are taking the Interger and moving it into a Floating point. N:? move F:?. The F:? is then sent by a message instruction to an Array in the Logix5000. Is there something I am missing here. I am trying to interface with a 1396 Servo Drive and this is a mess when it comes to understanding how this is working.The 1396 wants all its data transfered by R/I/O. This is the reason for the array. I am removing the PLC5 out of the system and replacing it with an Logix 5000.Looking for some feedback or location I can get info about communicating with the 1396 Servo over R/I/O with Logix 5000.

Last edited:
How are the numbers different (an example would be nice)?

Are you sending the F:? array to an array of the REAL datatype?

PLC/5 and Logix processors both use a single precision floating point type.

Welcome to the forum. Search the forum for IEEE-754. This has been covered by many threads. Use the forum search on the blue bar above the google search. And answer rdrasts question about what you are expecting and what you are seeing, that helps us work out what is being switched.