Melsec System Q Question

Marvel

Dear forum! 🤞🏻

I have a big machine here which is controlled by a Melsec System Q PLC System by Mitsubishi. I am not familiar with this at all, but Im currently trying to figure out how to modify its software surface.

It consists of 2 I/O Modules, the PLC CPU, Power Supply and most imporantly, a A970GOT Graphic Operation Terminal. This terminal has a touch screen and a software on it that is specifically designed for this custom machine.

I want to rewrite this software to make it more flexible, but my problem is that I cant find out how to actually make software for this Terminal thingy.

Does anyone know this thing or has any idea?
It was already really hard to find something on the internet that says something about the thing. All I found was a user manual which unfortunately didnt say anyting usefull about programming.
Another option would be to control the System by an external PC that has a surface on how to program the PLCs. It must be easy to use for people who dont have alot of experience on PLCs

I hope there is someone who has at least some sort of idea on how I progress from here.

Best regards
Arvel

Hi Arvel
the A970GOT touch screen is programmed with the Mitsubishi screen software - it is available from Mitsubishi
The PLC is the same deal
However it may be cheaper and easier to contact a local system integrator

Ahh I see! Thank you very much iant!
Contacting a local system integrator was a bad idea from what I've heard because they werent really capable of doing the job.

I'm thinking of two other possibilities.
First solution: Replace the PLCs and the Panel with LabVIEW.
I can order a National Instruments DAQ Board with enough Channels, then reprogram it in LabVIEW. This would replace all the PLCs.
Like this it could be much easier to modify in the future. Problem: DAQ boards of that size cost a real lot.

Second solution: Replace only the Panel.
I leave the PLCs where they are and just write a new Panel software in LabVIEW that is easier to use.
Problem: Can I communicate with the PLC over the RS232-C Port in the same way that the panel does?
I probably need some drivers for this, are there any?

Best regards!

I have not programmed LabVIEW so I don't know.
Contact Mitsubishi directly, The will be able to help you.
Check your facts on integrators - most of us on this site program many PLC's and have a large amount of ability as well as knowledge.
If there is an integrator in your area - he/she might just be one of those people who post on here saying "I need help, do this for me"
we do regularly get a few of those.